Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Refashon a dress into a top


Refashion a summer dress into a strapless top 

Day One

I picked this little summer dress to refashion

Short Roxy dress


Yes I use to wear this little thing, now I can't get it over my bust if I could it wouldn't cover my bumbum. So I won't entertain you with a photo of my trying to put it on.

What do you think of the cute plastic heart on the back?  I know I too thought it was... special.

First thing first, I chopped that off!

I'm having a flash back from the 80's



Next I cut the top part away from the elastic, leaving about an inch seam allowance.  But when I cut the top part away I fount that the original top was double layered.   So I left the two raw edges sticking up and I stretched them apart.  This makes the fabric curl in a way that I love. It gave the top a bit of a ruffle, with out having to spend the time to make a ruffle! I like it.  It is pretty slimming in my post baby belly area and I can nurse the baby in this top! What do you think?  This was so fast and easy.  I hope you like it and give it a try.

Dress refashioned into top