Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A fix for small shirt sleeves

Day 3


This is probably the fastest refashion I have ever done.  I guess it is more of a update than a refashion.  Some how all these easy refashions make me feel like I am not realy trying. Like since my refashions are no -sew then they don't count.  I am luck that this one was fast and easy because I had to battle with my computer all day.  I finely just deleted firefox and moved to Google Chrome, so far so good.  Firefox was getting worse and worse overtime I updated it.

Ok moving on to my refashion.

I bought this shirt on 99cent day at The Salvation Army. I got it because love this color, I am so glad its back "on"!
Love the color



 However the sleeves on this shirt are way to small for me.  See how they dig in and are very unflatering!
Uncomfy to say the least
So I just hacked the sleeves off!


Now I have a halter top for the summer time



I did not leave enough extra to sew the edge and this type of fabric will frey.  So I went for my very fave...stitch witchery.  To fix up the arm holes.



So what do you think?  I like it, I just don't know.  I think it still needs a little something.  I feel a little to "mom" in this, well see.  Maybe with the vest I will feel good!


Ok I am linking this up to a few partys!
http://simplydesigning.blogspot.com/




22 comments:

  1. Thanks Heather! It is nice to have you visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! Such an easy fix and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great fix!! I love stitch witchery. Great job. Stopping by from Sew Much Ado linky party and your newest follower. Here is what I shared: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2012/06/kids-roll-up-nap-blanket.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Alisha! I will go check out yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I am glad you like it thank you so much for checking out my blog.

      Delete
  6. Love this! Not only simple and easy, but a way to make it an original! I'm subscribing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, I am so inspired by your blog that I nominated you for the Illuminating Blogger Award. I love your original ideas. Here is the Award site :http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/

      Delete