Saturday, June 30, 2012

Display Your New Born Hat, On A Pillow?

A unique way to display and use your babies new born hats and burp cloths.  Make a pillow!


I got these burp cloths when I was pregnant.  They were so cute and soft I could not resist.  That was before I knew what was really needed in burp cloths and promptly switched to cloth diapers for a burp cloth like all the other Mom's out there.  I just loved these little ones that I had thought, because they are so cute and soft.  I looked at them trying to figure out what I could make with them and thought, PILLOW?!

Ok here we go

What you need
Filling(Often find good deals at thrift stores)
Two sided burp cloth
Needle
Thread
Seam Ripper


Step 1
Get to seam ripping, make a small hole to put your filling in.  I had to remove a tag so I used the spot that the tag was located.

Step 2
Stuff your soon to be pillow, fill it up very well so it wont flatten out when your baby lays on it.
Step 3
Pin the little hole and stitch it closed with a needle and thread
TIP
A little liquid stitch will help prevent the old thread from unraveling, JUST A DAB!
You could use the glue to close the pillow if you are especially lazy

Step 4
This step is optional in your pillow making process.
Attach your cute matching New Born hat to what ever side of your pillow you like.  I could not decide, so I pined it to both sides and looked and thought and looked and thought.  I chose the blue side and I did not have a thread that I liked so I used a few stitches on the bottom layer of the hat for the photos.  If I had the correct thread I would use a Whipstitch.

And that is it! A super easy way to make a pillow and show of a baby hat of yours!  Hope you enjoyed this tutorial




And the other side...




10 comments:

  1. Love this!
    Bon @ Drab to Fab

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just what I needed! We just had a garage sale and couldn't part with my girls baby hats. Now I can make pillows or I can have grandma ;) LOL! Newest GFC follower. Love for you to stop by Naptime Review and return the follow. Hosting Mom's Monday Mingle now. Love for you to link up ;)

    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thing to do with newborn hats. So cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute idea!
    Your newest follower!!
    -Jen
    http://www.littlemissalizzi.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! Wish I had thought of it instead of just stuffing them in a ziplock baggy and storing it in their baby box! You will be so proud of me! You inspired me to refashion a t-shirt into a halter dress for my little Tess! I am posting it tomorrow>
    Thanks for pushing me to do more sewing of clothes.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable! this tutorial turned out adorable :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Very Nice your Blog and Keep Update for more information about Newborn baby pillow and baby support pillow available. Check out the pillow for newborns now.New Born Baby Pillow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Very Nice your Blog and Keep Update for more information about Pillows for babies under 12 months need to be comfortable. The best is the baby cushion bed along with the best baby pillow.Pillows For Babies Under 12

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Very Nice your Blog and Keep Update for more information about Feeding cushion, baby head protection pillow, and nursing cushion available with us. Great price and quality.Feeding Cushion

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Very Nice your Blog and Keep Update for more information about Check out the designer cushions online and grab the designer pillow now.Designer Pillow

    ReplyDelete