Monday, July 29, 2013

Easy Earring Tutorial, Learning the Wrapped Loop

This is an easy step by step tutorial that will teach you how to make this very easy pair of earrings. I just love this pair of earrings, I have made them in about 4 colors. In this tutorial you will learn how to make the wrapped loop. If you want to learn how to make wire wrapped jewelry then the wrapped loop is one of the first wire wrapping techniques you need to learn. 

Ok so we are starting with a very simple pair of earrings with a wrapped loop tutorial.
For this tutorial I used natural shell beads but a lot of other beads will work

The most important thing you will learn in this tutorial is how to make the wrapped loop. It is an important foundation in wire wrapping. In the future I will be teaching you other, more complicated techniques so you can build on what you learn. Then you will be able to make more complicated items. But for today we are starting very simple. 

how to make a simple pair of earrings with natural shell beads



What I used:
2 Beads
2 Sterling Silver Earring  hooks
2 Sterling Silver Headpins
Set of Basic Jewelry Pliers
then string String your bead onto a 



Step Two:Create the wrapped loop. It was hard for me to get good photos of how to do this so I am sharing this link art beads( they have some very good tutorials.)


Step three
Attach the Ear wire. Gently twist the
 ear wire open and slip the wrapped
 loop on.(I opened the ear wire more
 than you should for photo purposes)
 The less you open the ear wire the
 stronger it will remaine.













That is it! when you are done you should have these amazing  summer earrings. I just love them.
Thanks for looking! Let me know what you think this quick and easy earring tutorial.


No comments:

Post a Comment