Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Why a blog?


So why am I starting this blog. 


I am a new Mom and as any new or experienced Mom will tell you it’s a hard exhausting 24-7 job.  So why would I, one of the laziest people in the word, want to add another project to my life?

Well I guess it all started when I realized that being a Mom was a hard exhausting 24-7 job, its life consuming.  For me it is anyway.  I almost immediately felt that my little bundle of joy sucked the life out of me.  He took the “me” away from me.  Yes I love him and he is a wonderful new light of my life.  But some how he became my whole life.

I stared to feel like I am nothing but a robot who tends to a pooping, peeing, puking and periodically screaming machine.  It made me want to scream too, only I can not scream louder than the pee pee machine.

I decided that I needed to get back to being me.  I needed to CRAFT!  So I ran out and got some new scissors and yarn.  Well guess what?  That stuff is still sitting on my kitchen table.  I guess the yarn is also waiting for me to find myself again. 

So I found I needed a push.  I went to the Dr for my check up after pushing out the little miracle.  When I told the Dr how I felt she suggested I try Zoloft.  I took her advice… in a few weeks I still felt like a machine that took care of the little pee pee man only now I had the burden of feeling sweaty all day long and not being able to pee.

So I stopped the little pills real quick and then came up with a new solution.  So here it goes, I am giving myself a push.  I am going to blog about my crafts.  So now I can’t just leave them sting on the table. I will have you to answer too.  I know that “you” are not anyone yet but I am going to pretend that you are.  So as I pretend in my head that my fans need my crafts this blog is my plan to make me whole again. 

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to come back to your first post and leave a comment!!! I am the mother of one, who at times makes me feel like he's three different kids...exhausting!!! It does get easier...it takes a couple of years, but it gets easier ;) I spent the first 3 years dealing with depression (not a new thing to me) and finally found some release and purpose in refashioning. I've knitted for years, but needed something a bit more immediately gratifying. It's been great. So, good luck with your new blog! I'll be following daily to see how your blog develops and how it connects you with others...I'll be starting one myself as a challenge, so when that starts in June, you can stop by and cheer me on as well ;) Just know, you are not alone, you've got refashion friends out there that are just waiting to share ideas and experiences with you!!!

    Little Did You Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your post on how to felt sweaters (Loved it) and have completed your very first post after deciding you need to push yourself. Inbetween you have many posts it appears. My sweaters are waiting for their 2nd dip into the washer (this time they will be safely contained in pillowcases thanks to you) and I am taking this moment to share with you. My time spent at home with my three daughters was the most fulfilling time of my life. Yes ~ some of those days were the longest ever. Thought they would never end. How I long for one more wet kiss or rock with a sleeping baby. The trail of toys at bedtime is long tucked away, and my 3 miracles are grown, independent women. In fact, I am still looking for "me!" As are you, and crafting is my outlet. So, I identified with what you blogged above, and wanted to tell you it does get better. At every age we look to find who we are, because we should not ever stay the same. I am a full-time employed Grandmother, and at 51 years old I find joy in crafting and giving my creations to others. Your journey as a Mother will enlighten your soul. The words on your blog and talents you have to share will also find their way to the hearts and hands of countless others such as yourself. Thank you. Challenge yourself, challenge life, and your blog and son will challenge you.

    ReplyDelete